Saturday, July 28, 2012

Saga #4 (Review)

This series by Brian K. Vaughan & Fiona Staples continues to impress me with mind-blowing writing & art.  The universe of Saga continues to be as unique & complex as it is simplistic & beautiful.

The covers so far have been great as well!  Each one is really like a poster featuring one (or two) of the main characters.  #4's cover features The Will & Lying Cat.  The Will appears to be smoking.....something?.....we'll pretend that it's a self-rolled cigarette.

It's been announced that the series will take a couple of months off after issue #6, while they catch up &  see how the release of the first collection in graphic novel format sells.....before they continue on.  I understand this, and want them to be rested/caught up/etc......but I hope it doesn't steal away any momentum from this wonderfully awesome series that is really turning heads and gaining new readers!!

On to the review......

This issue is definitely for mature readers, as The Will arrives at Sextillion.....


Lying Cat is a little disgruntled when told she can't enter......

Lying Cat & Red Lantern's Dex-Starr....the coolest Cats in Comics!!
Meanwhile, the snow-spell does the trick and heals Marko.....who wakes up, meets Izabel, then has some explaining to do.....


The Will wants a slave girl to have fun with....weird alien guy offers him a six-year old.....his answer:


Marko changes a diaper, then he and Alana prepare for battle against her old compatriots....

Another Awesome Issue from Vaughan & Staples, who are delivering the best title in 2012 in my mind!! I know the reviews for the issues of Saga have been short, to the point, with lots of pictures and even a little humor.....and I admit I've kinda done that on purpose.  This title is worth reading, and is immensely enjoyable.  I highlight the main plot turns, and my favorite parts of each issue.....and hope that I show some of the awesome artwork! I also leave out a bunch so as not to spoil YOUR enjoyment when you read....SAGA!!!!  CITIZEN'S GRADE: AWESOME.

Vaughan & Staples.....an AWESOME creative team!!

No comments:

Post a Comment